Educational Insights GeoSafari Igneous Rock Collection Rating :
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
17 of 17 people found the following review helpful.
You may want to consider a different product
By A Customer
I just received these mineral & rock collections, and I cannot say that I'm impressed. I bought the "Geosafari" Mineral Collection ($16), Sedimentary Rock Collection ($16), Igneous Rock Collection ($16) and the Metamorphic Rock collection ($16). The inner trays are a flimsy plastic; not really suitable for displaying. In addition, the rock and mineral samples are soooo tiny, almost like pebbles. That was really disappointing. I would not recommend these for purchase. Amazon should consider finding a more complete selection presented in quality displays with samples that are at least 1 1/2" to 2" or larger. Thank you.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
Awesome
By Liz
Perfect for third grade curriculum. Easy to identify for children of this age. Included are illustrations that help identify the rocks.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
Rock collection starter
By B. Hamer
I have started my grandson's geology education with these sets. Good selection of samples and good size for a beginner. He is excited and now wants to get his own matching samples.
Product Description
Each specimen is handpicked for exceptional color, texture and beauty. Features 12 large igneous rocks produced by hot volcanic magma action. Includes 4-color identification chart, self-adhesive labels, storage tray and guide packed with information. Brings Earth science lessons to life for students.
Product Details
- Amazon Sales Rank: #140827 in Toys & Games
- Brand: Educational Insights
- Model: 5205
- Released on: 2009-03-18
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 2.40" h x8.10" w x5.40" l,.50 pounds
Features
- Authentic rocks, fossils, and minerals for study and fun
- Large, beautiful specimens
- Igneous rocks are produced by hot volcanic magma action
- Set includes 12 exotic rock specimens
- Ages 8+
