Learning Resources First Grade Vocabulary Photo Cards Rating :
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful.
For Use in ELL Classroom
By Amanda F
I bought these cards to use in my classroom. I am an ESL teacher in a k-8 school. The cards have great visuals. Many of the words are too difficult for the first graders that I work with (or not necessary to learn), but since I work all the way up to 8th grade, I can find a use for most of them. Our state recently adopted the ACCESS (WIDA) test and I think a lot of the vocabulary in the different subjects coincides with the WIDA standards.
Negatives- Some of the words are random. For example, "campfire" is a card. A bit random. I would prefer "fire" seeing as "campfire" is not a high frequency word. Also, I was a bit disappointed at how small the cards are. They pictures are great and I would love to see the cards a bit larger. Not sure I would purchase them again at this price.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Good quality photo finish cards
By Abel Kok
These cards are useful for building vocabulary. More expansion for each categories will make it even greater. Some cards can be a little misleading though but with guidance it is fine.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Good thing to buy
By Diana Chu
Help my two years old learns English very fast. Picture is nice and the words are practical. One thing it can be better is making the size a bit larger.
Product Description
First Grade Vocabulary Photo Cards ;Target development of key vocabulary—just for first-graders! Large set of colorful cards is organized by subject (math, science, language, general) to facilitate cross-curricular connections. Card fronts feature a word and real-life photo; reverse sides offer definition and word used in a sentence. Includes 25 challenge words to stretch skills. Aligns with most picture dictionaries and word lists. Ideal for word walls, pocket charts, ELLs and students with special needs. Includes 150 cards (3 x 3 Inches) in storage box and Activity Guide. Grades 1+;LER 6082 Set of 150 $19.99;
Product Details
- Amazon Sales Rank: #7201 in Office Product
- Color: Multi
- Brand: Learning Resources
- Model: LER6082
- Published on: 2011-02-01
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 3.50" h x3.60" w x3.70" l,.79 pounds
Features
- Targets development of key vocabulary
- Includes 25 challenge words
- Includes 150 cards in storage box and Activity Guide
